Sports News | We did not make any offers to Wriddhiman Saha, say GCA and BCA

0

Bangalore, Jun 22 (PTI) Wriddhiman Saha, who wants to leave Bengal to pursue his profession, has not received any significant offers from any of the major states as he claimed.

Gujarat and Baroda, who were linked with Saha’s likely interstate transfer, have denied making offers for the 40 Test veteran.

Read also | Raphinha Transfer News: Arsenal’s initial offer rejected by Leeds United.

Saha said he had received offers “from a number of state associations but I haven’t given my green light to any of them”. “I can confirm that the Gujarat Cricket Association has not made such an offer to Wriddhiman Saha. We have a young goalkeeper named Het Patel, who is doing very well for us. Why the hell would we try to spoil his career,” said said a senior GCA official. Anil Patel told PTI.

When Baroda CA secretary Ajit Lele, who is currently in the United States, was contacted, he said he had no knowledge of their association’s approach to Saha. “I haven’t been in India for a month, but as far as BCA is concerned, we have already signed Ambati Rayudu as a professional. As far as I know, we haven’t surveyed Saha,” Lele said.

Read also | SL W vs IND W 1st T20I 2022 Preview: Probable XIs, key battles, heads up and other things you need to know about Sri Lanka Women vs India Women cricket match at Dambulla.

Recently, PTI had reported that Saha had been contacted by national minnows Tripura, one of the whippers in the Eastern region, but there are reports that his claim as professional fees in addition to his expenses of match is not something that could be taken into account.

Tripura CA Secretary Kishor Das could not be reached for comment.

It is worth mentioning that Saha applied for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from his local association CAB after the joint secretary of the association, Debabrata Das, publicly criticized his commitment to Bengal Cricket and alleged that he faked injuries to skip Ranji Trophy matches.

An angry Saha wanted an unconditional apology from Das but that didn’t happen.

In fact, Das is currently the administrative manager of the Indian team in England, which is a testament to the strong support of the CAB for their administrator after Saha decided to step down from state team duties.

Regular excavations at the president of the BCCI and the national selection ================================

Ever since Indian coach Rahul Dravid made it clear to him that at 37 he was too old to be the national team’s reserve goalkeeper, a furious Saha has openly stated on different forums that he was dropped despite the assurances of the president of the BCCI, Sourav Ganguly. “We fully understand Saha’s disappointment after being left out of the Indian squad. But time and time again he sneakily brings the BCCI President into every media interaction and also talks about selection issues which breach the player clause. under central contract,” a BCCI source told PTI. on condition of anonymity.

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from syndicated newsfeed, LatestLY staff may not have edited or edited the body of the content)


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.