By Michael Lipinsky, Sports Talk Philly Editor
The Phillies (10-10) finished a four-game sweep of Colorado on Thursday in South Philadelphia, coming off an offensive funk in the process. The win sent the Phillies back from the .500 mark to a 10-10 record. Now their attention turns to eastern Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Phillies and the first place New York food (14-6) open a three-game set in Queens, NYC on Friday night.
The first pitch is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. at Citi Field.
Aaron Nola (1-2, 3.74 ERA) vs. Tylor Megill (3-0, 2.35 ERA)
Aaron nola gets the start for the Phillies. Nola is coming off his most impressive outing of the season, a 7IP, 0R, 1H 9K, no-decision performance last Sunday against Milwaukee. Friday’s game will be Nola’s second appearance against New York. Nola won the “L” on April 13, giving up three runs in 3-⅓ innings.
Tylor Megill, which came as a surprise to Mets staff, will get the green light to open the series. Megill is coming off a 6-⅔, 2ER, 7K win over Arizona on April 24th. He had previously faced the Phillies on April 12, earning a no-run victory and striking out five of 5-⅓ at Citizen Bank Park.
Players to watch
JT Realmuto hits well at Citi Field. He has a .294/.335/.454/.789 slash with 11 doubles, 6 HR and 26 RBI.
Pete Alonso hit Aaron Nola very well in his career with a .335 AVG, three home runs and six RBIs in 31 plate appearances. For his career against the Phils, Alonso is hitting .270 with 8 HR, 12 doubles and 29 RBI.
- Team batting average: Phillies – .256 (4th), Mets – .259 (2nd)
- Team points scored: Phillies – 96 (2nd), Mets – 94 (3rd)
- Team HR: Phillies – 19 (10th), Mets – 17 (13th)
- Team ERA: Phillies – 4.11 (23rd), Mets – 2.93 (4th)
- Team ERA/Starters: Phillies – 4.07 (21st), Mets – 2.67 (3rd)
- Team ERA/Bullpen: Phillies – 4.17 (27th), Mets – 3.34 (13th)
- Team K/9: Phillies – 8.43 (19th), Mets – 10.16 (1st)
- Team BB/9: Phillies – 3.29 (16th), Mets – 2.78 (5th)
- Recent History vs. Mets
- April 13, 2022 – Mets 9, Phillies 6 (at PHI)
- April 12, 2022 – Mets 2, Phillies 0 (at PHI)
- April 11, 2022 – Phillies 5, Mets 4 (at PHI)
where to watch
Television: NBC Sports Philadelphia +
Radio: 94.1 WIP-FM and the Phillies Radio Network